Cathy from Drowning in Rough Drafts nominated me for the Liebster Award! I feel loved. And, come on, the name of the award is German. How could I refuse?
So here’s the deal:
- The nominated person must link back to the person that nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
- Choose 11 more people (with under 200 followers) and ask them 11 questions
I feel a little goofy doing all the “about me” stuff, but here goes:
1. I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
2. I have a baby girl who looks kind of like this:
Seriously, I’m sometimes tempted to see if her hair glows when I sing.
3. I’m an avid Doctor Who fan. David Tennant is my Doctor, but my favorite classic Doctor is Peter Davison.
4. I love music. I play the piano and have dabbled in clarinet, trumpet, and guitar.
5. I love tennis and am a major Roger Federer fan.
6. Christmas music is fair game all year round in my house.
7. Peach orchards and rice fields are two of my favorite smells in the world.
8. I majored in German Linguistics and spent a summer in Berlin. I miss Germany like crazy.
9. Charles Dickens is one of my favorite authors.
10. It makes me a little crazy how many times the word “I” appears in this list.
11. The last word added to my list of fun words is “quidnunc,” which is a nosey person, from the Latin for “what now?” (Thanks to Literary Interest!)
And Cathy’s questions:
1. Describe one interesting physical feature about yourself.
Double-jointed thumbs. I dominate at thumb wars.
2. What’s your favourite colour?
Blue, green, purple, red, yellow. In that order.
3. Who’s your favourite actor/actress?
Probably Benedict Cumberbatch. Seriously–prime minister, Sherlock, dragon, Khan. What’s not to love?
4. Most overrated thing on this planet? (It can be ANYTHING!)
4. Oh dear. Pretty much anything you see in the headlines that involves a celebrity.
5. If there was one thing about yourself you could change, what would it be? Physical or psychological.
Two more arms. Seriously, getting things done with a baby would be so much easier.
6. How was your day?
Fantastic! I heard from a good friend, broke through a wall on my story, and enjoyed the sunshine with my beautiful baby girl.
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Celebrity gossip. Seriously, people, who cares?!
8. Alright: iPhone or Android?
Neither, actually. I’m fairly low-tech. But in theory, I would probably go with Android.
9. Name 10 positive facts about someone you really detest.
I don’t know that I really detest anyone. Except maybe Professor Umbridge? Do I really have to come up with positive things about her?
10. What’s your favourite dessert?
Chocolate. Pretty much any kind of chocolate, though Happy Hippos are the most entertaining variety.
11. 5 facts you dislike about yourself and 5 facts you love about yourself.
I’m gonna cheat and only answer the second half of this question.
a. I know the difference between a hyphen, en dash, and em dash.
b. I’m a mom.
c. I can read Cornelia Funke’s novels in the original German.
d. I can sing along to a ridiculous number of musicals word-for-word, and I’m okay with that.
e. I’m a writer!
So as it turns out, I’m pretty lame and don’t follow nearly enough up-and-coming blogs. But here are my nominees: