Today, I am grateful for electricity, and for a house that is once again lighted and warm.
Today, I am not grateful for social media.
As such, I have compiled a list of all the things I can do instead of staring at people being obnoxious to each other over the internet:
- Bake more cookies.
- Write more words.
- Read more books.
- SLEEP. (There has not been enough of this going around the past forty-eight hours.)
- Ponder. Pray. Meditate. Whatever you call that time when you sort out all the complicated things that are going on in your brain, preferably with divine assistance.
- Eat good food. (Define “good” however you will.)
- Play with my favorite little two-year-old.
- Read articles/books that actually cite legitimate sources.
- Finish all those crafting projects hiding in my closet.
- Enjoy nature.
- Did I mention writing more words? I can’t believe how productive I’ve been with NaNo pushing me to prioritize.
- Make music.
I could go on, but more likely than not, no one cares much about my disgruntled disenchantment with Facebook, and the power outage has put me a little behind in my writing, so I’ve got to go catch up. And, you know, there are cookies to be eaten. Tschüß out, bloggy friends.